Aims and Purpose of FWCC-AS
- To encourage and strengthen the spiritual life within the society of Friends in the Africa Section through such measures as the promotion of inter visitation, study, conferences and a wide sharing of experience on the deepest spiritual level.
- To help Friends to gain a better understanding of the worldwide character of the society of Friends and its vocation in Africa today.
- To promote consultation amongst Friends of all cultures, countries and languages. To bring the different groups of Friends into intimate touch with one another, seeking their common Quaker heritage, sharing experiences and coming to some measure of agreement in regard to their attitude to world issues. To encourage and strengthen the spiritual life within the society of Friends in the Africa Section through such measures as the promotion of inter visitation, study, conferences and a wide sharing of experience on the deepest spiritual level.
- To promote understanding between Friends everywhere and members of other branches of the Christian Church and also of other religious faiths and to interpret the specific Quaker Message to those who seek further religious experience.
- To keep under review the Quaker contribution in world affairs and the World Christian mission: to facilitate the examination and presentation of Quaker thinking and concern in these fields: and to encourage Friends to co-operate as far as possible in joint action with other groups having similar objectives
- To help promote capacity building for Friends and Quaker groups in Africa, and surrounding communities in Africa
- To mobilise resources and funds for promotion of Quaker programmes in Africa.
- To venture in sound investments in property Assets/Securities and Establishments for the benefit and development of Quaker programmes, Friends and Quaker groups in Africa.
- To establish, develop and promote partnerships with institutions/Developmental Organisations for economic empowerment and growth of Quaker groups/communities in Africa.